2011 Spirit International Country and Players Information
Click on a flag to view the Country Team Player Profiles
You can download a copy of the 2011 Spirit Players & Honors List here: 2011 Spirit Players and Honors (.pdf)
|» Play Slide Show|
These twenty participating countries have been invited as At-Large countries based on global diversification criteria to ensure participation from six continents.
The 2011 Spirit is the sixth edition of this prestigious international amateur tournament.
- There will be 20 participating countries this year; three countries will be participating in their first Spirit International: China, Japan and Ireland.
- There are five countries that have participated in every Spirit International event: Germany, Korea, Mexico, South Africa and United States
- Two Countries have never finished out of the top 5 places in previous Spirit events: Korea and United States
- The only country to win back to back Spirit International Team Gold Medals is England. They did so in 2005 and 2007.
- There are only four players in Spirit International history who have won three Gold Medals in one Spirit event, they are: Lorena Ochoa (2001), Paula Creamer (2003), Daniel Williett (2005) and Lexi Thompson (2009).
- The Spirit participants have traveled a collective 1,129,296 miles, which is 1,818,167 kilometers, which are the equivalent 2 trips to the moon and back.
- Of the 80 players in The Spirit International field – 75 are National Champions or #1 ranked player’s.